New Employee Checklist & Orientation Information
For printable form click here.
1) Things to do upon arrival
- Campus tour info
- Contact admissions, x2250, 229 Sheldon Hall to join in with one of their weekly tours.
- College ID card info
- x2588, ID & Dining, 503 Culkin Hall to get picture ID
- Parking Sticker & parking map info
- x3227, Parking Office at front entrance of college & Rt. 104. You will need to show your car registration. www.oswego.edu/police/parking
2) Human Resources paperwork at , Human Resources Office, x2230, 410 Culkin Hall
- Health insurance paperwork
- New Faculty / Staff Data Form
- Campus ID number
- In order to get paid – official transcripts need to be submitted (not copies) & I-9 form needs to be completed.
- Payroll info – x2227, 409 Culkin Hall to confirm that all required documents have been recieved
- Fall 2012:
- Adjunct Instructor Pay Schedule Link:
- Time Sheets:
ALL Faculty and professional staff, whether full or part-time, are required to submit a monthly time sheet. The expectation is that time sheets are to be submitted within 5 days after the end of the month. Employees should fill out their time sheets, forward them to their department chair/head for their signature, and then the time sheets are forwarded to the Payroll Office, usually by a department secretary. It is the employee’s responsibility to make sure that their time sheet is submitted in a timely manner for each month that they have a professional obligation. Time sheet is available on the UUP Oswego Chapter Website.
- Retirement paperwork
3) Email & Network paperwork at, CTS, 26 Lanigan Hall
- Activate your email account: https://www.oswego.edu/email (Campus ID number is needed)
- Call CTS Help Desk at x3456 with technical support questions
4) Telecommunications Office, x3039, 102 Culkin Hall
- Employee Contract: www.oswego.edu/Documents/cts/forms/phone/Employee%20Contract.pdf. You will receive one phone number & two phone codes, one will charge calls to your department and one will charge calls to your personal account.
- Voicemail Instructions: http://www.oswego.edu/Documents/cts/instructions/Voicemail_Cisco_Unity_Connection.pdf
5) Useful information
- Campus Discounts
- Plus Plan – put money on your ID card & you will receive a 5% discount and not pay sales tax on purchases at the colleges dining halls.
- Credit Union, x2191, 507C Culkin Hall
- Fitness Centers
- Cooper & Glimmerglass –x2246, Residence Life & Housing Office, 303 Culkin Hall. Memberships available for a moderate membership fee.
- Free Services
- Phone Calls
- To make an on-campus call, dial using the 4 digit extension only
- To make a local off-campus call dial 9, and the number, followed by your code
- To make a long distance off-campus call dial 9, 1, area code and the number, followed by your code
6) Union Information, UUP Office, x3263, 305A Snygg Hall
- Please send an introductory email to email@example.com to be included in all UUP mailings
- UUP Oswego Chapter website provides information regarding benefits, discounts, event calendar, grant opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more – www.uuposwego.org
7) Important Phone Numbers
- Campus Switchboard x2500, or 315-312-2500
- Help Desk – x3456, or 315-312-3456, for any campus technology related issue or question.
- SAVAC (campus ambulance) x4000, or 315-312-4000
- University Police x5555, or 315-312-5555
- UUP Benefits – 1-800-887-3863
8) Important Links
- Campus Map: http://www.oswego.edu/about/visit/maps/campus/index.html
- Centro Bus: http://www.oswego.edu/administration/police/busschedules.html
- Emergency Preparedness http://police.oswego.edu/administration/police/emergency_procedures.html
- NY Alert: http://www.oswego.edu/administration/public_affairs/emergency/nyalert.html
- Parking Map: http://www.oswego.edu/Documents/parking/parking_guide_map_2010.pdf
- Rave Guardian: http://www.oswego.edu/administration/police/rave_guardian.html
- SUNY Oswego: http://www.oswego.edu/index.html
- UUP State: http://www.uupinfo.org
- University Police: http://www.oswego.edu/administration/police.html