New Employee Checklist & Orientation Information

For printable form click here.

1) Things to do upon arrival
2) Human Resources paperwork at Human Resources Office, x2230,  201 Culkin Hall
  • Health insurance paperwork
  • New Faculty / Staff Data Form
  • Campus ID number
  • In order to get paid – official transcripts need to be submitted (not copies) & I-9 form needs to be completed.
  • Payroll info – x2227 to confirm that all required documents have been received
    • Time Sheets:
      ALL Faculty and professional staff, whether full or part-time, are required to submit a monthly time sheet. The expectation is that time sheets are to be submitted within 5 days after the end of the month. Employees should fill out their electronic time sheets, forward them to their department chair/head for their signature, and then the time sheets are forwarded to the Payroll Office. It is the employee’s responsibility to make sure that their time sheet is submitted in a timely manner for each month that they have a professional obligation. A link to electronic time sheet is available on the UUP Oswego Chapter Website.
  • Retirement paperwork
3) Email & Network paperwork at, CTS, 26 Lanigan Hall
  • Activate your email account: (Campus ID number is needed)
  • Call CTS Help Desk at x3456 with technical support questions
4) Telecommunications Office, x3039, 102 Culkin Hall
5) Useful information
6) Union Information, UUP Office, x3263, 226A Hewitt Union
  • Please send an introductory email to to be included in all UUP mailings
  • UUP Oswego Chapter website provides information regarding benefits, discounts, event calendar, grant opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more –
7) Important Phone Numbers
  • Campus Switchboard x2500, or 315-312-2500
  • Help Desk – x3456, or 315-312-3456, for any campus technology related issue or question.
  • SAVAC (campus ambulance) x4000, or 315-312-4000
  • University Police x5555, or 315-312-5555
  • UUP Benefits – 1-800-887-3863
8) Important Links